Monday, April 20, 2009

[DUN DUN DUN]

It's finals week. YUCK.

The end is finally here. I've waited long & hard for this, yet it is almost unreal that I will only be spending two more nights in my little dorm room bunk bed, being sure to check in by curfew. I can't believe this school year has gone by so fast!! It seems like just yesterday I was walking into IWU as a measley little freshman-- (really..measley..about 15 pounds lighter)--& in just a few short days I will be walking out ready to take on summer as I work a lot & relax a little before I head back to a new room in which I try to cram in half of my personal belongings. I've never realized how much "stuff" I actually have until I've had to pack it all up & move it. I learned this from moving to our new house this past summer.

Although I am excited to leave campus for awhile, it will be said to leave the friends I've made & I still have a few obstacles to jump over before I get there; finals, scheduling, cleaning..etc. We will all be going our seperate ways, some leaving the country, some working near home; but all along getting away from the daily meals at Baldwin & Wildcat. :) Although I have only 3 finals & 2 juries, they are all tomorrow, & all right in a row. This means I've had to get all of my studying done at once & will have a completely fried brain by the end of tomorrow afternoon. I had my flute jury today which went pretty well, & I am SO glad to be done with that. I have my 3 finals tomorrow, 2 of which I'm not extremely worried about, & I have my voice jury on Wednesday. That one is definitely my favorite, & I am looking forward to ending on a good note. ;)

I am looking forward to this summer as getting a new start on life, work, & relationships. I want to try to put my life back in order & get away from the craziness of life in a bubbled campus. I want to read for fun again, knit, crochet, sing, dance, play, run, swing, have picnics. I want to see old friends & attend my own church. Fun in the sun shall be my motto & being sun kissed shall be an everyday accessory. Summer is a time for bringing out the old & making it new again. Then when I head back to school in the fall, I will be me, & ready to learn from past experiences. I'll be able to recall the knowledge I've already learned & apply it to make that knowledge grow. Summer is coming, & I am SO ready to be on it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment