Wednesday, January 7, 2009

[fresh start]

I've survived the first two days of the new semester. I love my new schedule, & I am definitely looking forward to everything God has in store for me. I feel so blessed to be in such an incredible environment where everyone talks to everyone & to be in a place where God's love is raining down & He is being praised. I am so thankful for all of my wonderful new friends. These next four years are going to be fantastic. :) And this is just the beginning!! :)

I am particularly fond of my Ear Training class. (Yes, Kim, I LOVE it.) ;) The professor is a younger man who is the director of the orchestra. He is a lot of fun, & the people in the class are just as great. I am definitely looking foward to what this class has to offer. :)

Another favorite is my American Ed. class. My professor is an older man who LOVES his job & puts all the sources God has given him into it. He began the class today by telling us the story of how he got here. It was incredible. He is so down to earth, & loving. He cares SO much about what he does & just has this incredible passion of helping us to fulfull God's will for our lives. I have a feeling that this class will definitely "change me for good." :)

Chapel was also really good today. I love our Dean of the Chapel, Umfundisi. :) (His name given to him in Africa.) :) I could listen to him all day. He is such an incredible speaker. One of his favorite hymns, which also happens to be one of mine, is "How Great Though Art," and we sang it as the last song before we left. It was beautiful. And although I love the regular "hymnal version??" I am particularly partial to the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir version. :) If you don't know it, look it up. ;) It will give you a fresh start to your day. :)

1 comment: