Sunday, April 12, 2009

[Christ is Risen!!!!!] :)

Happy Easter everyone!!!

Though the day is coming to an end, it is never too late to celbrate our risen Lord. :) I have always loved Easter. I love the pastel colors, the Spring weather, and of course the jellybeans. ;) I always knew what Easter is really about but I never really treated it like it was a big deal. I preferred waking up to evidence of a visit from the Easter Bunny & eating chocolate til I was sick. (Although I have figured out the whole Easter Bunny thing, I do still enjoy the chocolate.) ;)

Going to a Christian school, :) we especially like to celbrate Easter by having a small break. :) I have been fortunate to have this past Friday off as well as tomorrow for a 4-day Easter weekend break. :) It has been so great to be home & relax a little bit before the last week of classes, (this week), & finals, (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of next week). I have spent my time taking pictures, singing songs stuck in my head fromt the University Singers Spring Concert this past week, & playing rousing games of Bubble Spinner on facebook. :) Tomorrow I will be watching Evan while everyone else heads to work & school & then I will be heading back to school myself later in the evening.

Today, of course, is the reason for writing this post. EASTER!!!!! :) :) At church we kept tradition by having an early breakfast & the Easter Cantat for the service. I skipped the breakfast & Sunday school for sleep, but I did of course go to the big cantata put on by the choir. Being away at school I haven't really been as involved in church as I normally am, & I did not participate in this big event. Last Christmas, I was so blessed & fortunate enough to have been asked to play my flute with them for the Christmas cantata. I was more than welcome to sing, but I was just as excited to play my flute, & that is what I did. :) It is SO weird being on "the other side." As much as I have always complained about it, (being one of the youngest people there), I do miss it a lot & feel a bit left out. :/ :p I just feel so disconnected sometimes being away, & I can't wait for things to get back to being at least semi-normal. I think next year I am going to ask if I can be a part of the group again. I feel a bit werid "requesting" to join, but I just don't like dropping my life & what I love.

All in all it was a great cantata. The choir sang everything from the sucker punch to the gut, to pretending to be a black gospel choir. :) (Really though..we are just plain 'ol white cracker Baptists & that will never change.) ;) It was fun to watch though & once again they did a wonderful job. :)

There are still a few hours left in the day. Take time to rejoice in our risen Lord!!!! CHRIST THE LORD IS RISEN TODAY!!!! ALLELUIA!!!!! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment